Getting the ‘thumbs up' sign is probably the worst signal any diver can receive since it signifies that the dive has ended. Extending time, and sometimes depth, in water is probably every divers desire. The thrill of pushing the envelope and becoming an explorer is what drives many to become divers, and the Deco 50 course forms the basis and essential skills and knowledge needed to become an explorer.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
Deco 50 has been written with the new technical diver in mind. This means that divers wanting to participate in technical open circuit programs and who are certified in Deep 40, Master Rescue and Nitrox may bypass the Deco 40 program.
The course has modern, graphic rich manuals which explore and introduce the most modern information and techniques. A modern skill set places emphasis on managing skill mastery while neutrally buoyant. The skills themselves have been up as well with desire being that RAID divers will use a similar equipment configuration and perform the skills in a similar fashion.
The manuals also cater to the sidemount diver wanting to become Deco 50 diver.
- To be a minimum of 18 years old
- RAID Nitrox Diver, Deep 40, Master Rescue Diver (or equivalent) certified
- Multi Deco dive planning software (ipad / iphone / android versions available)
- Be a certified diver for at least 3 months.
- Must have logged at least 5 hours between 27-40 m.
- Submit current Rescue Breathing, CPR Training and Oxygen Provider certificates.
- Have logged 50 hours underwater or 75 dives using open circuit.
- Documented proof of prerequisite requirements must be presented to the Dive Centre for approval prior to any in water training.
- Twinset or Sidemount users only
- Maximum depth 50 metres
- Use any optional combination of air, nitrox, trimix or oxygen
- The minimum oxygen content for bottom (back) gas is 21%
- The END/EAD if choosing the trimix option must not exceed 30 metres
- Complete an overall maximum of 30 minutes decompression obligation
- Use one decompression gas up to 100% oxygen
This programme is broken into two sections:
FIRST SECTION - THEORY
When you purchase this programme on-line you are effectively purchasing the access for 6 months to the theoretical content, knowledge reviews and exam for this level of diver training, which consists of download PDF manuals detailed information broken into 6 sections covering the following subjects:
- Confined (open) Water
- Open Water Training
RAID provides you with more information and knowledge development than any Instructor led lectures only or short video can provide in a limited time period generally offered.
The on-line academic training package includes:
- PDF Manuals
- Quick Quiz and Exam (open book)
- 6 month access to manuals (can download)
SECOND SECTION - PRACTICAL TRAINING
With your RAID Instructor
- Classroom for dive planning
- Confined (open) water - minimum 1 hour
- Open Water - 5 hours within minimum of 8 dives
Upon successfully passing the practical training you receive:
- International Recognised Diver Certification
- On-line logbook
- Diver certification E-card
- Unrestricted access to manuals
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
- Deco 60