The RAID DECO 40 program forms a bridge between recreational and technical diving. The problem with technical diving is that it has marketed and positioned itself as unattainable for the average diver. Divers are led to believe they must have superhuman strength and mental agility to participate in a technical diving program. Of course, here at RAID we believe this is simply not the case, but believing and acting are two totally different things.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
The Deco 40 program is aimed squarely at the recreational market and not at the technical market. The program is ideally completed using modified recreational equipment although twinsets or sidemount configurations are also allowed and recommended. The Deco 40 makes an ideal entry-level decompression program, but it must be noted that it has been created with the recreational diver in mind.
- To be a minimum of 18 years old
- RAID Explorer 30 or Advanced 35 (or equivalent) certified
- RAID Nitrox Diver, Deep 40 (or equivalent) certified
- Multi Deco dive planning software (ipad / iphone / android versions available)
- Be a certified diver for at least 3 months.
- Have logged 20 hours underwater or 40 dives using open circuit.
- Single Cylinder (with H or Y valve), Twinset or Sidemount users
- Maximum depth 40 metres
- Oxygen partial pressure not to exceed 1.4 ATM
- Use any optional combination of air, nitrox, trimix or oxygen
- The END/EAD if choosing the trimix option must not exceed 30 metres
- Complete a maximum of 10 minutes none accelerated decompression obligation
- Use one decompression gas up to 100% oxygen
This programme is broken into two sections:
FIRST SECTION - THEORY
When you purchase this programme on-line you are effectively purchasing the access for 6 months to the theoretical content, knowledge reviews and exam for this level of diver training, which consists of download PDF manuals detailed information broken into 6 sections covering the following subjects:
- Confined (open) Water
- Open Water Training
RAID provides you with more information and knowledge development than any Instructor led lectures only or short video can provide in a limited time period generally offered.
The on-line academic training package includes:
- PDF Manuals
- Quick Quiz and Exam (open book)
- 6 month access to manuals (can download)
SECOND SECTION - PRACTICAL TRAINING
With your RAID Instructor
- Classroom for dive planning
- Confined (open) water - minimum 1 hour
- Open Water - 3 hours within minimum of 5 dives
Upon successfully passing the practical training you receive:
- International Recognised Diver Certification
- On-line logbook
- Diver certification E-card
- Unrestricted access to manuals