Whether you just want to be warmer or dive all year round, the drysuit speciality course will allow this.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
This programme covers all you need to know about drysuit diving and takes you through all the different aspects which are important for new and experienced divers.
The confined water sessions will allow you to master buoyancy control and put to rest any fears you may have about this aspect before you venture out into open water. The skills that you will learn with this programme will help you to become a comfortable and safe drysuit diver.
- Minimum Current Certification: Open Water 20 (or equivalent)
The academics cover, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facts to be considered when diving
- Drysuit construction and how they stay dry
- Best suit for recreational diving and how do you know if it fits correctly
- Insulation and undergarments
- Seals, zips, valves and accessories
- Buoyancy and inflation systems
- Annual servicing
The practical sessions require confined and open water training with 3 hours of in water dive time, covering everything from buoyancy to problems that may be encountered.
The practical programme is just that! Practical skills for real diving.
The above is subject to the RAID General Diving Standards and can change without notice.
There is an option to combine this course on the Open Water 20 page and benefit from a combined course discount.