The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres.
- Minimum of Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)
- Enriched Air Nitrox certified with minimum of 10 logged dives deeper than 18 metres using Enriched Air Nitrox
- Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres
- Minimum of 30 logged dives
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Medical Statement signed by a doctor approving technical diving
WHAT YOU LEARN
The Tec 40 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. You’ll learn about:
- Technical diving risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, Oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures
THE FUN PART
Tec diving is all fun. It isn’t just about diving deeper for longer, the skills you learn are applicable to every dive you do and will make you a safer and better diver.
THE SCUBA GEAR YOU USE
As the Tec 40 course is the crossover point from recreational to technical there are multiple options for equipment configurations. This can be your normal recreational kit with a few adjustments, a twinset setup or even sidemount (we specialise in sidemount). We will go over the options with you to ensure the most appropriate kit configuration for yourself.
THE LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
Upon enrolling you will receive your Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes a PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you can start reading right away. You can also get an Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video, which is a great tool to help you practice skills between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through your Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
Please see our FAQ post 'Additional costs for training courses'
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
- Tec 45
- Tec Sidemount