Enriched Air NitroxPADI’s most popular speciality course is Enriched Air Nitrox. Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox can give substantially more no decompression time, enabling you to have longer underwater. This is especially true on repetitive scuba dives.
If you are going on a diving holiday where you are expecting to do multiple dives per day then you really do need this to get the most from your diving holiday. This is especially true on liveabords where you can be doing 3, 4 or even 5 dives in one day.
- To be a minimum of 12 years old (with written guardian consent up to the age of 18 yrs)
- Minimum of Open Water diver (or equivalent)
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Equipment considerations when using enriched air nitrox
- Managing oxygen exposure
- How to analyse what gas is in your cylinder
- How to set your dive computer
THE FUN PART
As you can usually stay down far longer (subject to enough gas in your cylinder) or get back in the water sooner it’s no wonder so many divers choose this as their very first speciality.
NOTE: This is a classroom based course only, no actual dives will take place.
THE SCUBA GEAR YOU USE
You will be using normal scuba diving gear with 2 minor changes. These are:
- Regulators suitable for the increased oxygen in the breathing gas
- Cylinders suitable for the increased oxygen in the breathing gas
- Oxygen analyser
- Enriched air nitrox tables or suitable dive computer
THE LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
Enriched air nitrox manual
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
- WRECK DIVER
- DEEP DIVER