Your journey into the realms of professional scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster course. You will be working closely with PADI Instructors to increase your diving knowledge and improve your skills to a professional level
During PADI Divemaster training your leadership abilities will be developed, qualifying you to supervise diving activities and assist instructors with student divers. The PADI Divemaster certification is a prerequisite for both PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Rescue Diver
- Emergency First Response Primary & Secondary Care (within last 24 months)
- Minimum 40 logged dives to start, Minimum 60 logged dives at course completion
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Medical Statement signed by a doctor approving diving within last 12 months
WHAT YOU LEARN
Throughout the PADI Divemaster course, you will learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. Water skills, stamina exercises and training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba will also be part of your training. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises and have a mentor type relationship with your instructor.
As you complete these tasks your skills and confidence will increase and then as a PADI Divemaster you will lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the pleasure of seeing them becoming divers.
WHAT YOU CAN TEACH
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Supervise both training and non-training related activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Assist a PADI instructor during the training sessions for any PADI diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- Independently guide Open Water diver course students on the tour portion of the Open Water Diver course training dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of 2 students per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI instructor during surface swims to and from the entry / exit points and during navigational exercises and when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during adventure dives or speciality training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI instructor
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist aquamission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructors indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI instructor
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response instructor course
THE LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
PADI Divemaster Crew-Pak with Holographic logo (see additional costs)
Please see our FAQ post 'Additional costs for training courses'
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
- Assistant Instructor