‘The best course they have ever taken’ is a phrase people often say upon completion of the Rescue Diver course. This course builds upon your existing knowledge and expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems and how to manage them if they occur.
- To be a minimum of 12 years old (with written guardian consent up to the age of 18 yrs)
- Qualified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent from another organisation)
- Trained and current for 1st Aid and CPR within the previous 2 years (ask about our Emergency First Response CPR and 1st Aid course)
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Self Rescue
- Recognising and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
THE FUN PART
Rising to challenges and mastering them are a major fun part of this course. Most divers find this course demanding and rewarding. You certainly won’t be ‘blinkered’ when out diving after this and will find yourself paying a lot more attention to what is going on around you after it.
THE SCUBA GEAR YOU USE
You will use all the usual scuba gear but will also be introduced to items which can assist in rescues.
THE LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
The Rescue Diver crewpak includes all materials required to complete the Rescue Diver course including a pocket mask. You will learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with your instructor. Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the DVD to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. The knowledge and techniques from this course will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation.
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
- Various Specialities