absolute-scuba.co.uk (a trading name of Absolute Scuba Limited), Link House, Kiln Lane, Stallingborough, DN41 8DW
Absolute Scuba Limited Data Protection Officer
Darren Hedges, Link House, Kiln Lane, Stallingborough, DN41 8DW
Absolute Scuba Ltd offers a range of goods and services relating to scuba diving (e.g. training courses, scuba diving equipment, diving trips). As such, Absolute Scuba has a legitimate business interest in capturing, processing and retaining data from customers who have requested goods and services from the company for a mutually beneficial purpose.
Absolute Scuba Ltd undertakes to capture, process and retain all data obtained from individuals and businesses in line with the requirements of all applicable Data Protection Laws, including the UK Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Absolute Scuba Ltd will capture, process and retain data from the following categories of Data Subjects:
Customers (based in the UK and EEA)
Absolute Scuba Ltd will initially capture, process and retain customer data that is obtained through telephone, email or the absolute-scuba.co.uk website when a customer requests goods, services or information. This data will be used for the purposes of:
• Creating a customer profile on our in-house data systems
• Processing customer orders
• Creating and issuing customer invoices
• Monitoring order and customer account statuses
• Debt chasing
• Marketing activity (data provided may be profiled by Absolute Scuba Ltd to produce tailored marketing messages and limited customer data will be used when these messages are sent through our email management system*)
• Staff training, internal auditing, dealing with complaints and customer queries
Absolute Scuba Ltd customers have the right to withdraw consent to hold their data at any time. However, if a customer chooses to withdraw consent, then Absolute Scuba Ltd will be unable to process any further orders for goods and services.
*Absolute Scuba Ltd Customers are provided with an opportunity to opt out of Absolute Scuba Ltd marketing messages at the time of submitting their details and when receiving all subsequent marketing communication.
Absolute Scuba Ltd has a Customer Complaints Policy and customers have the right to make a complaint when they are unhappy with goods or services that have been provided by Absolute Scuba Ltd. When receiving the details of any complaint, Absolute Scuba Ltd will use the data provided for the purposes of
• logging and processing the details of the complaint
• carrying out and investigating the scenario outlined in the complaint
• making decisions based on the findings of any investigation
• informing the complainant of the outcome of their complaint
• informing any affected parties of the outcomes and actions required (should there be any)
Absolute Scuba Ltd may transfer customer data to third parties/partners (PADI / RAID / DHL etc..) for registration, certification and delivery requirements. This may include third parties operating outside the EEA. Absolute Scuba Ltd will carry out all necessary due diligence to ensure that all data transfers to third parties/partners are carried out securely and that all necessary safeguards are in place to ensure data security. Absolute Scuba Ltd will also ensure that third parties/partners are fully aware of their responsibilities to ensure GDPR compliance when processing customer data transferred to them.
For marketing purposes, Absolute Scuba Ltd may also share customer email addresses with secure advertising platforms such as Google and Facebook in order to tailor Absolute Scuba Ltd marketing messages for users.
Absolute Scuba Ltd will not transfer personal data to any other company or organisation without your prior consent, with the exception of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) requests for financial data (relating to customer invoicing) or the Police.
When a customer makes a purchase, Absolute Scuba Ltd will retain the data captured on the absolute-scuba.co.uk shop and on our stock systems indefinitely for the purposes of:
• fulfilling the contract with the customer
• providing an auditable customer trail
• providing historical data for accounting purposes
• responding to HMRC financial information requests
• reviewing and improving services and processes
Absolute Scuba Ltd will capture, process and retain personal data in line with DPA and GDPR requirements. Your individual rights in line with these requirements include the:
• right to be informed of how we use and process your personal data
• right of access to any personal data that we retain about you
• right to rectification of any personal data that we retain about you that you believe to be inaccurate
• right to erasure when there is no legal justification or legitimate business interest allowing us to retain your personal data
• right to restrict processing of personal data if , for example, you think that personal data we retain about you is inaccurate or we have no legal justification or legitimate business interest to continue to retain and process your personal data. Rather than request erasure, you can make the request to restrict processing
• right to data portability should you want to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one source to another
• right to object when personal data is processed due to legitimate business interest or performance of a task in the exercise of official authority, direct marketing and research and/or statistical analysis
• rights associated with automated decision making and profiling which allow you to obtain human intervention in any such process, express your points of view on decisions or outcomes made about you and obtain an explanation of any decisions made and subject them to challenge
• right to withdraw consent to hold your personal data at any time
• right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority should you be dissatisfied with how we have managed your personal data (the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest)
Subject Access Requests
In line with these individual rights, anyone who wishes to make a formal Subject Access Request to Absolute Scuba Ltd for the purposes of requesting personal data or taking some action with respect to the personal data that is held about them should submit the request in writing to the Absolute Scuba Ltd Data Protection Officer either in writing by post to Absolute Scuba Ltd, Link House, Kiln Lane, Stallingborough, DN41 8DW or by emailing [email protected]
Visitors to the Absolute Scuba Ltd website should be aware that information and data may be automatically collected by our website through the use of "cookies." These are small text files that a website can use to recognise repeat visitors and facilitate the visitor's ongoing access to, and use of, the site. They allow us to monitor usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will help us to make improvements to our website.